- English FAQ (PDF)
- Filipino FAQ – Madalas na katanungan (PDF)
- Korean FAQ – ??? ? ????? ??? ?? ??? (PDF)
- Samoan FAQ – O Aia Tatau mo se Tagata Galue (PDF)
- Spanish FAQ – Preguntas Frecuentes de los Empleados (PDF)
- Yup’ik FAQ – Calistet Apyutkuratuk’ait (PDF)
1) What is the minimum-wage when you look at the Alaska? Energetic , Alaska’s minimum wage is $ hourly. It is determined by the multiplying all of the circumstances did about spend months from the $. That it amount ‘s the least number that may be repaid so you can an employee while the wages.
2) Really does my personal employer have to pay me even more to have overtime work? Sure, however, there are a few exclusions. For folks who work more 8 days immediately and/or even more than 40 days in a single times, you truly must be paid date-and-one-50 % of (step 1.five times) the hourly or typical wage for these even more times that you did. Get in touch with Salary and you can Hour office ((907) 269-4900) when you yourself have questions.
3) Basically in the morning perhaps not paid down by the hour, carry out I still need to discovered minimum wage and you may overtime? Yes. No matter what you are paid down, perhaps the work is counted hourly, piece-rate, payment otherwise, all of the employees are entitled to Alaska minimum wage and overtime until there is certainly a certain difference that enables if you don’t. Speak to your local Salary and you may Hour Government place of work to make certain.
4) Normally my personal workplace lead us to performs overtime? Sure, but if you works more 8 era in one single day and you can/or higher 40 days in one single week, your boss need to pay you step one.five times the each hour or normal wage for those extra times over 8 and you can/or higher forty which you worked. When your employer is not investing you that overtime, you might statement wage thieves to the regional Salary and Hours Management office.
5) Can also be my manager promote myself “comp time” as opposed to investing me personally overtime? Zero. Providing comp day as opposed to your own overtime earnings isn’t legal inside Alaska. You’re eligible to overtime spend after you functions overtime circumstances, and it also need to be reduced on your salary and you will found toward your own paystub.
6) Is actually salaried employees permitted overtime? Getting reduced a paycheck does not mean that you are not entitled to found overtime. Specific employees are exempt out of overtime, such as for example executive, management, and you may elite employees, which require extremely particular criteria is came across. Your own genuine business commitments, requirements and just how you’re paid usually influence the eligibility to have overtime.
7) Exactly how many employees have to my workplace have ahead of he/this lady has to spend overtime? A grand complete out-of four or higher. A manager who may have a maximum of merely about three (3) teams, otherwise shorter, pays their/their teams upright-going back to all of the days worked.
Salary and Hours – Employees’ Faq’s
8) My personal company informed me I am an “independent builder.” So what car title loans Massachusetts laws does which means that? Typically, a different company is a stay-alone business. If you are performing within the assistance regarding a boss, your company phone calls your an independent company, you happen to be working without any protection and you will positives that are taken to teams, instance Workers’ Compensation exposure, Unemployment Insurance, and/or Societal Safeguards pros. Telephone call the latest Workers’ Compensation Department within 269-4980, otherwise your neighborhood Wage and you may Hour Administration workplace to ask for let.
9) In the morning I entitled to holiday added bonus pay? Perhaps not for legal reasons. This will depend into when your workplace features assured to expend holiday pay. Example: If for example the workplace promises to pay your day-and-a-half having run a vacation, might found 1? times the typical rates of pay money for the vacation hours has worked. If for example the employer cannot provide an advantage to possess escape shell out, you’d be paid down only straight-returning to holiday days did. Should your manager intends to spend escape pay but has not yet situated a new speed, while manage the vacation, you might located upright-time for eight era from really works and straight time for eight period out of vacation shell out.